Polyurethane and Epoxy Resins, Adhesives, and Encapsulants for Renewable Solar and Wind Energy Production
Epic Resins Manufactures Polymers for Renewable Energy Products
As they grow in cost-efficiency, renewables like solar and wind energy represent an expanding part of the total energy production across the globe. These constantly developing energy technologies require a range of adhesives, potting compounds and encapsulants to both protect and bond sensitive mechanical and electrical components, from charge controllers to wind turbine blades.
Characteristics of Epic Resin’s Products Used in the Renewable Energy Industry
- Top-quality mechanical strength: Wind turbine blades withstand strong winds, extreme temperatures and harsh weather when you combine our bonding resins with fiberglass and epoxy laminate materials.
- Minimal shrinkage / Maximum adhesion: Operating parts vulnerable to weather and extreme temperatures will be protected with resins that won’t shrink or slump - maintaining their adhesive and protective properties.
- Exceptional chemical resistance: Chemically-resistant potting compounds protect sensitive components from chemical damage resulting from processes like oxidation or leaking battery acids.
- Solid electrical potting properties and protection: Epoxy and polyurethane potting compounds are capable of withstanding mechanical stresses while allowing electronic equipment to maintain normal operation.
Durable Resins for Wind Turbine Manufacturing
Epic Resins epoxy and polyurethane products provide incredible benefits to the wind turbine manufacturing process. When you’re looking for high quality adhesive or potting resins to incorporate into your wind turbine designs, the formulators at Epic Resins have you covered. We provide our customers with superior polyurethane and epoxy products, specially made to meet your turbine manufacturing needs.
Two Component Thixotropic Adhesives Keep Everything Together
In order to generate electricity from wind power, turbines need to be positioned in places subject to hot or cold climates and its components must handle adverse weather conditions. Even in optimal conditions, adhesives used in bonding turbine blades are under tremendous mechanical and must be as durable as possible. Depending on the structural make-up of each blade, different compounds may be considered:
- One-piece turbine blades – larger bonding surface area is used so a polyurethane adhesive may be sufficient
- Two-piece turbine blades – any adhesives used are load bearing, so a stronger epoxy adhesives would be optimal
Potting Compounds in Renewable Energy Systems
Quality potting compounds allow sensitive electrical components in wind turbines and solar systems to resist harsh temperatures and weather conditions without necessary parts turning brittle, malfunctioning, or breaking down entirely. Epic Resin’s custom formulated potting compounds protect system components like:
- DC Inverters
- Power charge controller components
- Wind turbine battery
For reliable protection against the elements, excellent adhesion and top-quality elasticity, look to potting compounds from Epic Resins. We will deliver unmatched customer service while providing just the right epoxy or polyurethane formulations to meet your wind energy operational needs.
Contact the Wind Turbine epoxy formulators at Epic Resins today.
Custom Potting and Adhesive Compounds Improve Solar Power Functionality
Some of the ways epoxy compounds make solar energy operations more effective include:
- Electrical components, such as solar charge controllers, are constantly exposed to the elements, like rain and snow. Polyurethane and epoxy potting compounds insulate sensitive electronics from damaging moisture. These compounds cover the electrical components - providing the durable protection to ensure all electrical elements perform optimally year round, no matter the outdoor conditions.
- Encapsulating resins stabilize thermal conductivity in solar batteries. According to Arrhenius’ Law, a battery’s performance will be optimized at the higher end of its operative temperature range. But if it exceeds the range, irreversible damage may occur. Epic Resin’s encapsulating compounds maintain nominal battery performance by protecting batteries from spikes or sags in thermal conductivity due to temperature changes.
- Photovoltaic solar panels would be structured differently without effective encapsulation materials. Resin-free solar panels would rely on mechanical fasteners and would develop structural stress points, requiring extensive, costly maintenance over time. Epoxies are less expensive and more forgiving of mechanical changes due to their ability to expand and contract with substrate movements.
Custom Polyurethane and Epoxy Formulations for Renewable Energy
Epic Resins specializes in the development of innovative adhesives and potting compounds, using a variety of epoxy and polyurethane formulations for the renewable energy industry. If you want a specific polymer not readily available, our chemists will custom formulate one specifically to match your needs.