Automotive Coil Assembly Encapsulants
Epoxy Resin Coating Protects Essential Car Systems
The auto industry incorporates epoxy resins in coil assemblies attached to the ignition systems. Ignition coils convert the car's battery voltage into a higher voltage to create the spark necessary to ignite the fuel in the cylinder, starting the engine cycle. Covering a metal coil with an epoxy resin helps protect it from the elements. A reliable epoxy resin coating insulates the auto coil ensuring complete protection against moisture and foreign elements. An epoxy resin insulating your car’s coils keeps the electrical conduction from affecting other parts of the car upon contact.
Here are several ways having a quality polyurethane resin will improve your coil assembly:
- Protection against vibration
- Insulation against corrosive agents
- Electrical potting for impregnation of high voltage coils
- Thermal shock resistance
Epoxies Specially Designed for Car Systems
Epic Resins produces potting compounds designed specifically for automotive functions.
- Shelf Stability: Our epoxies are built to last- remaining strong and effective long-term for years to come.
- Low Hardness: Makes the resin less stiff and gives what flexibility is needed with the auto coil assembly
- Low Viscosity: Allows the epoxy to flow better onto the coils
- Chemical Resistance in a Variety of Temperatures: Our resins protect ignition coils from extreme hot and cold temperatures and weather year-round.
- High Dielectric Strength: Withstands high electrical fields without breaking down
- Flame Retardant: Epoxies and polyurethanes with fire-resistant properties prevent burning when exposed to flames
We carry several finely tuned auto epoxy resin coating products to meet your coil encapsulation needs. Automobiles aren’t the only industry we develop resins for either. The telecommunications and LED Lighting industries also highly benefit from the incorporation of epoxy casting resin and polyurethane into the manufacturing process.