- 5/9/2013Epic S7478 Polyurethane Receives Provisional 125C RTI UL Recognition
- 3/7/2013American Brush Manufactures Association
- 3/7/2013New UL Approved Product
- 8/1/2012Epic Resins invests in Generators
- 7/26/2012Epic Resins Develops UL V-0 Clear Potting Compound
- 2/2/2011Epic Resins re-formulates an Epoxy Resin encapsulating compound
- 10/27/2010Solar Power Intl 2010
- 6/7/2010Come Visit Epic Resins at North America Intersolar
- 6/2/2010Encapsulant Materials Can Shield Junction Boxes From Environmental Stress
- 5/7/2010Epic Resins Introduces Cost Effective PV Products
- 12/14/2009New adhesive technology for bonding to Thermoplastics
- 10/30/2009Filtration 2009
- 4/2/2009Epic Resins completes another capital equipment investment
- 8/25/2008Epic Resins announces UL listing of products containing AEP replacement materials
- 8/12/2008New Adhesives Brochure Available On-line
- 4/15/2008New Reactor Installation Completed
- 3/4/2008Epic Resins new website launched
- 10/7/2007Epic Resins installs MALDI Mass Spectrometer
Light Emitting Diode (LED) Potting Applications and LED Encapsulants
Epoxy Resin and Polyurethane Compounds for LEDs
Light Emitting Diode (LED) potting applications are extremely varied. Epic Resins manufactures a product line of epoxy resin and polyurethane potting and encapsulating compounds that meet the needs of LED product manufacturers when LED encapsulation is required. Our LED epoxy and polyurethane potting compounds are used in applications ranging from automotive lights to LED signs to LED indicators that are incorporated into other products. From extremely thermally conductive epoxy LED potting compounds to flexible polyurethane LED potting compounds that will seal out moisture and contaminants over a large temperature range, Epic Resins can help to select the proper material for your LED encapsulation application.
View our interactive online LED encapsulation potting brochure.
Contact the LED potting material formulators at Epic Resins today for more information on our excellent encapsulating and thermally conductive sealing compounds.
Epic S7144 - 2 Component Polyurethane LED Potting Compound
Epic S7144 series of products are two component polyurethane LED potting compounds that are formulated in a variety of colors and gel times. The S7144 series of products are designed with a meter mix friendly 3:1 ratio by volume, a Shore A Hardness of 80, and good hydrolytic stability for LED encapsulation applications.
Epic S7253 - 2 Component Polyurethane Encapsulation Compound
Epic S7253 series of products are two component polyurethane encapsulation compounds that are recognized by Underwriter's Laboratories as flame retardant materials. The S7253 series of LED potting urethanes are available in a variety of colors and gel times. The S7253 series of polyurethane LED encapsulants have a low mixed viscosity and good thermal conductivity.
Epic S7410 - 2 Component Epoxy Potting Compound
Epic S7410 is a two component epoxy potting compound designed for LED potting and to pass UL 94-V0 flame retardancy testing. Epic S7410 features a convenient 4:1 volumetric mix ratio as well as a low mixed viscosity for superior flow. Epic S7410 LED epoxy encapsulant was also designed with a long pot life to ensure proper flow into tight tolerance areas common in LED encapsulation applications.
Epic S7310 - 2 Component Urethane Potting Compound
Epic S7310 is a black two component urethane potting compound that features:
- 1) Low viscosity
- 2) 1:1 volumetric mix ratio
- 3) Good resin/hardener compatibility
- 4) Good durometer stability after exposure to elevated temperatures.
Epic S7280 - 2 Component Polyurethane LED Potting Compound
Epic S7280 is a two component polyurethane LED potting compound based on polybutadiene chemistry. This polybutadiene character gives S7280 urethane improved elevated temperature properties required in LED encapsulation. The S7280 is a fast gel version of Epic's popular S7220-02 polyurethane for LED potting applications.
Epic S7160 - 2 Component Epoxy Compound
EPIC S7160 is a two component clear epoxy system designed for coating or encapsulating a variety of substrates. S7160 features a low viscosity and long pot life to provide air bubble free castings.