- 5/9/2013Epic S7478 Polyurethane Receives Provisional 125C RTI UL Recognition
- 3/7/2013American Brush Manufactures Association
- 3/7/2013New UL Approved Product
- 8/1/2012Epic Resins invests in Generators
- 7/26/2012Epic Resins Develops UL V-0 Clear Potting Compound
- 2/2/2011Epic Resins re-formulates an Epoxy Resin encapsulating compound
- 10/27/2010Solar Power Intl 2010
- 6/7/2010Come Visit Epic Resins at North America Intersolar
- 6/2/2010Encapsulant Materials Can Shield Junction Boxes From Environmental Stress
- 5/7/2010Epic Resins Introduces Cost Effective PV Products
- 12/14/2009New adhesive technology for bonding to Thermoplastics
- 10/30/2009Filtration 2009
- 4/2/2009Epic Resins completes another capital equipment investment
- 8/25/2008Epic Resins announces UL listing of products containing AEP replacement materials
- 8/12/2008New Adhesives Brochure Available On-line
- 4/15/2008New Reactor Installation Completed
- 3/4/2008Epic Resins new website launched
- 10/7/2007Epic Resins installs MALDI Mass Spectrometer
Epic Resins specializes in custom formulation of adhesives designed specifically to provide superior adhesion to photovoltaic cells. Epic Resins custom formulates a wide variety of solar panel adhesives for your specific application from quick curing adhesive for attaching the junction box to the PV panel to two component aliphatic polyurethane compounds with exceptional UV resistance.
Adhesives eliminate the need for mechanical fasteners, such as U-bolts and screws, and completely remove the stress points caused by these fasteners. By utilizing our custom formulated solar panel adhesives instead of mechanical fasteners, the need for constant maintenance, replacement inventory and installation costs are greatly reduced. Our custom formulated adhesives can be used not only for assembly of photovoltaic panels but also for attaching the panel frames to the mounting racks.
Depending upon what product you are manufacturing in the solar energy device market, you will have an assortment of substrates to coat or bond. Epic Resins manufactures a wide variety of formulations to adhere to a vast array of both metal and plastic substrates, including epoxy resins for electronics potting, moisture cure adhesives and polyurethane doming resins. We are especially adept at bonding dissimilar substrates and creating unique bonding adhesives for our customers.
Check out some of our products listed below to see which will apply to your particular needs or CONTACT us for custom solar bonding adhesives for your application.
S7469 - 2 Component Urethane Adhesive
Epic S7469 is a two component urethane adhesive designed to provide superior adhesion to a variety of thermoplastic substrates. S7469 is designed with a fast gel/cure time and a convenient 1:1 by volume mix ratio. This product is especially useful when you need a quick curing adhesive for attaching the junction box to the PV panel.
S7459 - 2 Component Thixotropic Polyurethane Adhesive
Epic S7459 is a two component, thixotropic polyurethane adhesive. Epic S7459 possesses a gel time under 10 minutes and adheres well to a variety of metal and plastic substrates, including ABS. Epic S7459 works well with both automated meter mix equipment or hand held dispensers. Epic S7459 works well as both an adhesive and a sealant for PV panel frames.
D9960 - 2 Component Aliphatic Polyurethane Compound
Epic D9960 is a two component aliphatic polyurethane compound with a convenient 1:1 volumetric mix ratio. Epic D9960 is designed to have a Shore A durometer in the mid 30 range to allow for use as a gasketing material. Being an aliphatic polyurethane, Epic D9960 has exceptional UV resistance.
D9940 - 2 Component Aliphatic Polyurethane
Epic D9940 is a two component aliphatic polyurethane which is suitable for use on exterior components. D9940 has been independently tested against a series of automotive specifications indicating its excellent resistance to UV degradation. The 1:1 volumetric ratio makes D9940 conducive to many types of meter mix equipment while the low mixed viscosity allows for the material to self level. D9940 has been tested and meets RoHS requirements.